Linen Fabric Care
How to Care for Linen Fabric
- Simple wash, gentle cycle, cold to warm water (±40°C or 105°F)
- Use bio-degradable soap, liquid pre-diluted detergent (if possible)
- Wash with as much water as possible to allow for movement
- Don’t use chlorine bleach (or any brighteners)
- Air dry (or <30 min on low/no heat)
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight over long periods
- Remove linen fabric slightly damp and lay flat
- Don’t dry clean
- No need to iron
If you like that relaxed look that linen has, ironing is not necessary, but it’s still an option if you prefer to remove the fabric’s telltale wrinkles. Make sure the linen is still slightly damp and use a steam iron for optimum results. If the fabric is already dry, try rewetting it with a spray bottle. Linen is vulnerable to shrinkage, so pay careful attention to the water temperature. Hot water can have a devastating effect on this fabric—stick to cold or warm water to avoid this problem.
Follow these simple linen fabric care instructions, and your linen bed sheets, clothing, and handbags will continue to look fabulous. If you have any additional questions about caring for your Beflax Linen items, contact us for more information.