Linen Tea Towel is your best friend when making the perfect winter drink
It's no secret, when winter is here we all first enjoy it and then right away figuring out ways to get warmer and stop enjoying the cold.
Today instead of layering up for a breezy chill walk, we decided to get warm under our linen blanket with all things higgle and a cup of fresh mulled wine, or how europeans call it "gluhwien".
WATCH US MAKING IT :)))
Here is what you need to make your own gluhwein / mulled wine ingredients:
- 1/2 medium orange
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup turbinado or granulated sugar
- 20 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle dry red wine
- Rum or amaretto, for serving (optional)
And a couple of easy steps:
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the orange in wide strips, taking care to avoid the white pith; set aside. Juice the orange and set the juice aside.
- Combine the water and sugar in a large, nonreactive saucepan and boil until the sugar has completely dissolved. Reduce the heat and add the cloves, cinnamon, star anise, orange zest, and orange juice. Simmer until a fragrant syrup forms, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat further and add the wine. Let it barely simmer for at least 20 minutes but up to a few hours. Keep an eye out so that it doesn't reach a full simmer.
- Strain and serve in small mugs, adding a shot of rum or amaretto and garnishing with the orange peel and star anise if desired.
Original recipe is from thekitchn.com
How to properly set up your holiday table
It’s no secret that hosting a holiday get together can be challenging. Between the food, decorating, and getting your space in tip-top shape, who has time to make sure the table looks just right? R...Read more
Why You Should Think Twice about Buying Cheap Clothes
Have you considered the true cost of your cheap clothes? Take a deeper look at slow fashion vs. fast fashion from an eco-friendly small business. Discover why our current “throwaway” culture needs ...Read more
Leave a comment